An Update from Barker’s Island Marina on June 1, 2021:
Summer has finally arrived! The temperature low at night is now above 50 degrees and the days keep getting warmer and sunnier. Calm winds have made for swift boat launches and the marina is looking full. The season was kicked off Memorial Day weekend with Vessel Safety Checks- a huge thank you to the Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Duluth Power Squadron for offering to perform the vessel inspections. We had a great turnout and, as always, it’s nice to have all your safety needs addressed ahead of the season for uninterrupted boating.
The demand for outdoor recreation has greatly increased since last year. Between service, parts, brokerage, and slip rentals; we have been very busy. Our 400 slip marina is looking more full than usual and our boat broker, John, has been working hard to keep up with the demand for buyers. If you are considering a change of scenery and would like to list your boat, contact John and get started today. Service has been busy as usual with projects, updates, and launching. If you are thinking about having work done, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts! The sooner we know, the easier it will be to book your boat in the shop.
The 4th of July celebrations are back, and Barker’s Island is the place to be for it! There will be all sorts of festivities including a parade, contests, live music, food trucks, and fireworks which will be launched from a barge right off of Barker’s Island. The 4th falls on a Sunday this year so be sure to get plans squared away wherever you may go. We anticipate that things will fill up fast this year since last year was an uneventful holiday.
Things to note:
- Superior Entry area is a NO WAKE zone while construction barges are present.
- The Service Department and Ship Store are open every day 8:00-4:30, and the Fuel Dock is open every day 8:00-5:00.
- Summer storage starts June 10th. If you do not plan on storing for the summer please call the office to make other arrangements.
- June 14-17 is the Kids Stand Up Paddleboard Camp on the island, call North Shore SUP to sign up
- Welcome Packets are now available at the Ship Store for pick up.
- Please remember to coil hoses after washing your boat, and to keep the dock walkways clear.
Thank you and we hope to see you out on the water!
Megan Browne & all the crew at Barker’s