1980 Hunter 37 Cherubini Cutter
$25,000 - 37 ft
Location: Superior, WI
Hull Material: Fiberglass
YachtWorld ID: 3687783
LOA: 37 ft
Beam: 11.75 ft
LWL: 30 ft
Maximum Draft: 5.08 ft
Bridge Clearance: 50 ft
Headroom: 6.33 ft
Total Power: 30 hp
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Year: 1980
Engine Model: 3QM
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Propeller: 3 Blade, Bronze
Drive Type: Stern
Engine Power: 30 horsepower
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2250 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7.5 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 - 50 gallon
Fuel Tanks: 1 - 42 gallon
Holding Tanks: 1 - 25 gallon
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 110 V
Ther Hunter 37 Cherubini is a masthead rigged cutter with fin keel stepped mast. Sails include a roller furling genoa, staysail, and mainsail. It is powered by a Yanmar 3QM diesel engine. The main cabin has a galley to starboard. There are port and starboard settees with a folding leaf table mounted center line for dining. The navigation station is conveniently located at the aft end of the port settee. Sleeping quarters include a quarter berth to port and the V-berth forward. The head is located in the passageway between the main cabin and V-berth.
Verity of wood trim accenting the interior of the cabin and galley cabinetry. The fit and finish are well done. The cabinets, lockers, drawers, and shelving are well suited for the vessel, offering plenty of stowage for days on end of sailing adventure. There are doorways to the V-Berth, and head and port quarter berth. Each is a wood paneled door with wood trim. The settee, dinette and V-berth cushions are a dark green upholstery fabric. Like new and in very good condition.
Shore water connection new in 2017, allowing you to connect directly to a water source while at the dock.
Double basin stainless steel sink plumbed to drain directly overboard through a bronze through hull with seacock. A large top opening icebox/refrigerator, with freezer compartment. The box is cooled by an Alder Barbour Cold Machine. 2 Burner Dometec / Origo Alcphole burners, Omnia Stove top oven. Storage in the galley is abundant with shelves, drawers, and under counter storage compartments, a great amount of counter space is available.
- 12-volt system
- Installed in 2017, two Interstate 6v batteries, providing 390 AH's of power while sailing. Located in the main cabin sole under the dining table. Batteries are installed in containment boxes with covers to protect positive terminals/
- One Perko main battery switch of the rotary type located on the aft bulkhead in the galley.
- Xantrex True Charge 40+ Amp, multi-stage battery charger. 120-volt AC, 20 amp battery charger located in starboard cockpit locker.
- A single shore power inlet is located on the starboard side of the cockpit coaming. Marinco stainless steel power inlet rated 30 amp 125-volts.
- Various AC outlets available throughout the vessel conveniently located.
- VHF- Standard Horizon Spectrum+ VHF mounted at navigation station
- Simrad Navico wheel mounted autopilot
- Standard Horizon Depth display model DS45, mounted on the companionway bulkhead to port
- Standard Horizon Speed/Log display mounted directly above the depth.
- Speed paddle wheel and depth transducer is mounted forward of the keel, accessible beneath the cabin sole adjacent to the head.
- Binnacle mounted Ritchie magnetic compass on steering pedestal. Oil filled with clear glass.
- New fenders and dock lines in 2017.
- 150' of anchor rode and chain with a Danforth type anchor.
- 33lb Lewmar claw anchor with 20' of chain 250' rope rode
- Integrated into the stem head and forestay fitting is a stainless steel, double anchor roller with nylon rollers and a sampson post.
Sails are in good condition.
Roller Furling Genoa
2 Reefs in the Mainsail
Aluminum extruded single section keel stepped mast with single foil shaped aluminum spreaders. All shrouds and stays are 1x19 stainless steel wire. Staysail stay is 1/4" diameter. The boom is an aluminum extruded spar to mast via gooseneck. The shrouds on each side of the vessel are secured to individual chainplates which penetrate the deck and are mounted on bulkheads on the interior.
Primary, port and starboard, Lewmar 42, two-speed self-tailing winches. Cabin top; port and starboard. Lewmar 16, two-speed standard winches with rope clutch. Mast: Lewmar 16 two-speed standard winches mounted to port. Genoa sheet fairlead blocks attached to the slotted toe rail with leads to primary winches port and starboard. T-type sail track installed forward of the mast for the self-tacking staysail. Cockpit mounted mainsheet traveler and roller furling headsail.
Auxilary power is provided by a single, naturally aspirated Yanmar three-cylinder model 3QM, rated for 30 H.P. diesel engine. Mechanical lever/cable throttle and shift levers at steering pedestal located in the cockpit.
A tan canvas bimini supported by a stainless steel frame and matching dodger with clear vinyl windows and stainless steel frame provides protection from the elements. There is a matching mainsail, staysail, and helm covers. The head has a single basin FRP sink. Jabsco manual flush marine toilet new in 2017. Teak and holly sole with access to ports to the bilge.
Smoke detector and CO2 detector in the main salon area.
2017 Newport tender
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.